Hand-carved from a single piece of Kisii soapstone by African artisans, this elephant tea-light holder is a fun way to add a global touch to your home, office or outdoor space. Elephants are a symbol of strength, and a reminder of support for anyone facing a long, hard journey - for yourself, or your tribe of family or friends.
All proceeds help our animal sanctuary, so you are supporting people and animals around the world with your purchase!
- Measures approximately 2.5-inches tall by 4-inches long by 1.75-inches wide.
- Hand-painted in a lustrous black finish with etched design detailing
- Holds a standard size 1.5-inch tealight, votive candle, or get creative with a small succulent or crystals (not supplied).
- Soapstone is a soft, natural mineral from the earth, making it easy to carve into many forms. Handle with care to avoid breakage.
- Each piece has gone through multiple stages of sanding and waxing, giving the soapstone a satiny finish.
- Socially responsible products that empower consumers to purchase according to their values and help alleviate global poverty.
- Fair Trade is an alternative business model that values safe workplaces, fair wages and community investment for factory employees.
Story Behind the Art:
Each sculpture is artfully hand-carved from a single piece of Kisii soapstone, found only in the hills of southwestern Kenya. Mining the soapstone from surface hills is a labor-intensive process, using little to no machinery. Laborers works with shovels, picks, axes and machetes to carve out large soapstone chucks, which are then carved into beautiful art.
Shipping Policy--FREE on all USA orders over $75! Yay!
Shipping on Continental USA orders of $75 or more is FREE via the lowest cost option available at our discretion. If you care more about helping the animals than getting free shipping, just choose a paid option at checkout. We sure appreciate that! Expedited shipping is also available if you need something in a hurry. You can choose your selection at checkout and we'll honor what you select.
If there are ANY delays in getting your item shipped within 48 hours, we will let you know. If you need something in a hurry, please contact us to make sure we have it in stock. We are a small business, we do not keep a lot of stock on hand of most items. If someone buys 3 or 4 of an item, that will likely wipe out our inventory, if you happen to order at a time like that, it may take 1-2 weeks for us to get the item back in stock.
International orders are welcome for small items. We will gladly cover the cost of the shipping for orders over $100, except for heavy items. Sometimes we can have products shipped directly from the manufacturer at a lower cost than we can ship from the USA. We'll let you know where to expect your package from.
Heavy and bulky items may require additional shipping costs.
Canadian Friends, FREE Shipping for YOU on Orders Over $100! – Please Note:
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying.
Again, if helping the animals means more to you than free shipping, please choose a paid option at checkout to help us with the expense. ALL proceeds help the rescued animals at Rooterville Animal Sanctuary, so every dollar matters to us.
If you have questions about the shipping policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do whatever we can to make you happy as long as we don't lose money doing so. Thank you for your understanding!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.