Here at The Pink Pigs, we love animals and always try to promote a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle. In fact, if you visit our animal sanctuary, we can share a lot of ways you can eliminate animal products from your lifestyle!
One way to do this is by using vegan soap and other natural body products that do not contain animal-derived ingredients and are not tested on animals. Some products very overtly contain animals or things that have come from animals, such as “goat milk soap.” Other animal byproducts, however, are much harder to detect.
In today’s blog, we’ll offer up some helpful information to help you identify hidden animal-derived ingredients in your beauty products as well as provide you with some vegan soaps and other fun items that we sell here at The Pink Pigs! Remember, all proceeds from our products go to our animal sanctuary where we care for over 400 animals and help people learn about veganism!
A few that you should look out for include the following:
- Lanolin is an emollient made from sheep’s wool. If your product contains lanolin, ensure that it is a vegan, plant-based synthetic lanolin.
- Glycerin is a common ingredient in soaps and adds cleansing and moisturizing properties. These are usually derived from animal fats. However, some products use plant-based glycerine.
- Guanine (not guano, which is bat poop!) is a shimmery powder made from crushed fish scales. It is used in shimmery nail polishes and lipsticks and can be found in most mascaras.
- Stearic Acid is another animal-derived product that is often found in soaps. It can be made from either animal tallow (fat) or palm oil — a product which is technically vegan but the manufacturing of which is a large contributor to deforestation and habitat loss.
- Tallow, as we just mentioned, is a type of animal fat that acts as a main ingredient in many hard soaps. In some cases, lard, palm oil, or coconut oil will be used instead of tallow.
- And many, many more! If you aren’t certain that an ingredient is plant-derived, do a quick Google search and find out before purchasing a product.
Our Favorite Vegan Body Products
This beautiful arrangement of handmade vegan soap comes in a colorful storage tin that you can keep and reuse once the soap is gone! It contains eight of FinchBerry’s best-selling soaps with zero animal products. Depending on the type of soap, each bar is about 1.5-2.5 ounces and is full of luscious ingredients. Some fun flavors you might receive are Charcoal Tea Tree, Sweely Southern, Cranberry Chutney, Grapes of Bath, Darling, Renegade Honey, and Sweet Dreams, just to name a few!
These men’s grooming kits from Walton Wood Farms makes a great gift for yourself or any man in your life. We offer two different kits, one of which is designed for beard grooming while the other is a more general grooming kit. Whichever you choose, you can rest easy knowing that you’re not harming any animals.
Another amazing product from FinchBerry, we offer these fizzy bath salts in three luxurious scents including Fresh & Clean, Down to Earth, and Rosey Posey. These vegan bath salts are never tested on animals and contain skin-softening ingredients to leave you feeling amazing. Try all three flavors for yourself or get a few to give out as gifts as baby showers and birthday parties!
Choose Vegan Natural Body Products From The Pink Pigs
The Pink Pigs is dedicated to helping animals in need, and one way we do that is by asking everyone to be conscious of what goes into your soaps, lotions, and other body products. Many of us don’t even realize that certain ingredients that are “good for our skin” are actually bad for animals!
To help you do this, we provide a ton of natural body products that are also vegan and cruelty-free! Best of all, when you choose to buy these vegan bath products from us, you are doing double-good because all proceeds from our shop go directly to the hundreds of animals we care for at Rooterville Animal Sanctuary!
Shop our natural vegan body products today and support animals in need!